Platform engineering is revolutionizing how enterprises build and run their cloud-native setups. Humanitec is at the core of this revolution, enabling teams to build Internal Developer Platforms (IDPs) and reach true developer self-service. Through our community-led efforts (platformengineering.org, PlatformCon) and roster of enterprise customers, we are hitting an inflection point in the adoption of IDPs. We are looking to aggressively scale the team to meet the increasing demand.
To learn more about QA and IDPs at Humanitec, check out this blog post by our Principal Solutions Delivery Engineer Nils Balkow-Tychsen: https://humanitec.com/blog/how-a-qa-engineer-works-with-an-idp
As a remote Cloud QA Engineer, you work as part of our core engineering team to design, develop and build high-quality software for our users. You should have experience working on distributed systems and should be obsessed with quality with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. Experience in DevOps tools and automated testing is a plus. Test frameworks in use: Robot Framework, Selenium, Playwright. Everything is on Kubernetes.
We pay top 5% in the market, stocks are part of the package. Work is fully remote and we work exclusively with senior engineers in small, lean, and self-organized teams. We currently prefer time zones UTC-1 to UTC+3.
- 3+ years of experience testing and/or delivering high-quality software products operating in agile environments.
- Experience testing distributed systems like microservices in containerized environments.
- Experience in Frontend and Backend testing with the latest tools and industry best practices - Front-end web application test automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver, Playwright) and REST API testing frameworks.
- Experience with Load Testing (e.g. using locust.io) and Security Testing (e.g. using OWASP ZAP) - familiar with the OWASP top ten web application security risks.
- Experience with creating and configuring CI/CD pipelines.
- Solid knowledge of and working experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, and curiosity.
- Work remotely in a timezone UTC-1 to UTC+3 (Berlin time +/- 2 hours).
- Contribute to the shaping and constant improvement of our automated testing strategy.
- Coordinate and manage testing efforts to ensure the delivery of quality features.
- Own the team’s mindset of the software quality throughout the development cycle and keep coaching to improve – contribute to requirements and planning, pair with engineers for reviewing changes and collaboratively analyze, as well as ship it to our users.
- Actively share your experience and knowledge to mentor others in our QA team and communicate your technical knowledge effectively.
- Work and communicate in our collaborative environment. Give and receive feedback to build trust and transparency and elevate your peers.
About our Process
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Our application process is very straightforward and we like to make a decision quickly if the fit feels right on both sides.
We focus exclusively on your talents and personality - your background, origins, or identity will never influence our decision-making.
Your first interview will be 30 minutes with our Talent Partner, so that we can learn more about you and you can find out more about the hiring process, role, and our company. This first interview is usually followed by 1-3 core interviews with the leadership team and your future colleagues/team members. These interviews are typically 30 to 60 minutes, fully remote, and without any take-home assignments. We will talk through your background, your approach to work, and dive into your knowledge & experience.
The final interview is with one of our founders to give you the chance to understand Humanitec even better.
We are committed to improving our awareness of and approach to DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) at Humanitec, and are continuously reviewing and improving our hiring & interviewing processes to accommodate for people of diverse experiences, needs, and backgrounds. We have a zero tolerance policy for any discriminatory or disrespectful behaviour, including racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism, or any other form of discrimination. This applies to our hiring & interviewing processes and to all internal communications at Humanitec.