Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. Our community of guests and hosts rely on Airbnb around the clock to provide the tools they need to find a safe place to stay and to facilitate unique experiences. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add senior technical contributors to solve our broad technical challenges and deep dive into our most critical infrastructure projects.
The Developer Platform team is responsible for the infrastructure powering full lifecycle (build, test, and deploy) for all developers at Airbnb. We also look after higher level APIs and tools, all aiming to improve developer experience and effectiveness. Our vision is to enable Airbnb developers to apply their energy and creativity towards building and operating useful, high-quality software, without having to deal with unnecessary complexities or delays.
As a very senior technical individual contributor, you will own and drive technical strategy, alignment, and execution for improving the backend developer experience at Airbnb, as well as help shape the overall strategy and success for the Developer Platform team overall. You will partner with leaders across Airbnb to ensure our offerings truly serve our customer needs and work to solve some of the broader technical challenges in backend developer experience. Additionally, you will lend expertise to specific teams and deep dive into projects as needed. Key responsibilities will include:
- Driving the continued development of a long term technical strategy for backend developer experience.
- Bringing technical expertise to decision making and architecture, as well as having a keen eye for constraints while building the best solution.
- Applying data-driven approach to measuring developer productivity and effectiveness, while also having an intense product-oriented focus on customer needs and success.
- Up-leveling and supporting others with servant leadership, mentorship, advocacy, and allyship.
- Working cross functionally to align technical initiatives and decisions
- 13+ years relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Exceptional abilities and experience building, leading, and operating large, high-scale systems and well-designed APIs.
- Experience setting technical direction, planning, and successfully executing on large projects spanning multiple teams.
- Proven impact on developer productivity and tooling (e.g. code review, CI/CD, build systems, version control, IDE, etc).
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
The starting base pay for this role is between $250,000 and $315,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.