Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee – whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop, or Elo7 – you’ll tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Information Retrieval team and drive the platform vision and strategy for Orchestration and Evaluation services at Etsy.
As the Sr. Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and implementing strategy for the information retrieval platform at Etsy. Different teams to use our innovative information retrieval that in turn will help buyers and sellers navigate Etsy’s extensive marketplace and deliver outstanding customer experiences. Do you find joy in big picture thinking and playing long term while driving business critical metrics? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Group Product Manager, Search Platform and the base salary range will be 149,000 - 193,000 USD per year. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in The United States who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and vaccination policy here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
At Etsy, the Information Retrieval Platform team builds innovative Search technologies. We build and maintain the core services that enable other Etsy teams to use Information Retrieval technologies to build best in class experiences for our buyers and sellers on Etsy. We are at the focal point of several business-critical applications such as Search, Ads, Recommendations, Trust and Safety, and more while balancing several sets of requirements, solving near-term problems while making progress towards a long term strategic vision.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Work closely and collaborate with partner teams at Etsy, to understand their use cases, identify growth areas, define roadmap and develop work streams, while building highly available and performant systems.
- Play a central role in building a robust orchestration service that will enable Etsy teams to use IR capabilities for various business scenarios.
- Design improvements to our evaluation service that will help engineering teams accelerate experimentation and ML adoption at Etsy.
- You will closely partner with outstanding talent across engineering, design, seller communications and marketing, to build an industry leading Search platform!
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
- Strong platform product experience.
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal skills, and product intuition with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Experience developing products impacting several customers with differing needs.
- Experience with e-commerce or two-sided marketplaces preferably in Search and Information Retrieval technologies.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you'd like. As we hope you've seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.