Rootly is on a mission to help companies maintain reliability in a delightful and frictionless way. We do this by building the best-in-class incident management platform to help organizations quickly resolve critical incidents. We are not simply transforming an industry, we are carving an entirely new +$B segment ourselves and need incredible talent to achieve this ambitious goal.
Investors — don't just take our word for it, Rootly is backed by some of the top investors in the world that believe the same thing. Y Combinator, XYZ Ventures, 8VC, Bart Mediratta (CTO Dropbox), Jason Warner (CTO GitHub), Max Mullen, Brandon Leonardo (Co-Founder at Instacart), John Lilly (Greylock Partner), and more!
Customers — some of the fastest growing companies around the world such as Canva, Grammarly, Faire, Bolt, Linktree, Poshmark, and more trust Rootly to shape their incident management process.
About the Role
This is a ground floor opportunity to be one of the first engineers at Rootly and shape our trajectory. You will experience what being at a scrappy startup is like. What you'll be doing described below one-day could look radically different the next. You will be empowered to identify opportunities that will help us grow and own it.
- Scope, design, implement, and own end-to-end feature sets.
- Help architect core parts of our infrastructure from the ground up in a reliable way.
- Have autonomy to identify, conceptualize, and launch new initiatives.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Help design a delightful and beautiful front-end that users enjoy coming back to.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven production experience with a major cloud service providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Strong written communication skills and can explain complex technical concepts to non-engineers.
- Have an eye for design and knows what looks good and doesn't.
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and ambiguous environment.
- Can empathize with the challenges of incident management and interest in developer-focused products.
- We don't care about fancy degrees or FAANG experience.
- Codebase in Ruby using Rails framework
- Rails, Postgres and Redis in the backend
- Sidekiq for background jobs
- Heroku, AWS
- Terraform for infrastructure as code
- GitHub, Slack, Notion
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year
- M1 MacBook Pro of choice
- Paid family leave - whatever you need, they come first
- Ground floor opportunity to be an early member of a fast growing venture-backed startup
How To Apply
If this sounds like you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume. We can't wait to talk to you!
However, if this doesn't sound like you, but you believe you have something to contribute, tell us why in an email. We will reply with thoughtful feedback on whether or not you may be a good fit for us.
Salary range is based on payscale.com