Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health equips over 800 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, as a leading and preferred mental health service. Companies like General Mills, Guardian, Bain, and Instacart use the Spring Health platform to provide mental health services to thousands of their team members globally. We have raised over $300 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor, Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
About the position
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team. You will help to define our product and engineering roadmaps and work as a part of a cross-functional product team to find elegant solutions to mental healthcare’s many problems. Additionally, you will guide the growth of the engineering team as a senior member.
We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and backed by prominent VCs including Rethink, RRE, and General Catalyst.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and expand the capabilities of our API (built with Ruby on Rails) which powers several web apps and a mobile app, all of which are used to to screen, diagnose, and provide care for patients
- Design and expand the capabilities of our web frontends and app, built in React, Redux and Flutter
- Build thoughtful UI and components by contributing to our design system/component library
- Build on the foundation of a well tested codebase to ensure it remains robust and scalable as our business rapidly grows
- Identify areas for growth and iteration on our application stack and advocate for them on the engineering roadmap
- Help us make decisions like “grow the monolith” or “break things up into microservices” (or some other great idea!)
What we expect from you
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with React & Redux
- Bonus points for Flutter experience
- Bonus points for experience with Docker & AWS
- Bonus points for GraphQL API design experience
- Comfortable working on an agile team and curious about learning new things
- Enjoy using test-driven development and pair programming
- Enjoy coaching & growing engineers
- Comfortable moving fast and working through ambiguity - we are a small startup and are working on balancing the demands of business growth and platform reliability
The target salary range for this position is $159,000 - $175,000, and is part of a competitive total rewards package including stock options, benefits, and incentive pay for eligible roles. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women, communities of color and historically underrepresented talent are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spring Health we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Benefits of working at Spring Health
Focus on total health including:
- Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical.
- 12 yearly no-cost visits to the Spring Health network of therapists and medication management providers for you and your dependents.
- Unlimited paid time off, 12 paid holidays throughout the year, and 10 sick days
- 4-4.5 months of fully paid parental leave.
- $500 per year Wellness Reimbursement.
Supporting you financially through:
- Our People team benchmarks all salaries using the Radford Global Compensation Database for technology and life sciences industries. Radford benchmarks salaries with 3,589 global firms, 6.5 million employees, and 98 countries across the globe. We do this to ensure all of our team members are paid equally and competitively.
- On top of competitive and benchmarked salary, Spring Health offers incentive pay (based on role), and equity that begins vesting after one year with the company.
- Employer sponsored 401(k) match of up to 2% after 90 days of employment.
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
- Flexible work arrangements:
- 60% of Spring Health team members work fully remote while 40% work in a hybrid model from our New York City offices.
- Calm Fridays: no meetings, no distractions, just time for you to get work done.
- $200 per year donation matching to support your favorite causes.
- Our team members have created five employee resource groups thus far and looking to add on more
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
- Members Come First: We are genuine member advocates.
- Move Fast to Change Lives: We build with urgency and intention.
- Take Ownership: We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
- Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives: We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
- Science Will Win: We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
- Candor with Care: We are open, honest and empathetic.
Ready to do the most impactful work of your life? Learn more about what motivates us and the ways we work to see if this is the right place for you: Our Values
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.